Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yes, I Am A Sinner


This song puts me in tears every time I hear it. Why? Because I am a human being and like everyone else face the human dilemma. I am a sinner who has fallen short of the glory of God.  I am so imperfect.  Even though I have been washed by the blood of the Lamb, I find myself still a sinner in need of repentance and forgiveness. As the Bible states,... my righteousness is as filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6).  
I think about my sins of yesterday and today and my heart cries-  Oh, how I have disappointed my Savior, my Lord, my Father, My Jesus!  But, in the midst of my grief and sorrow I hear the Shepherd calling my name, leaving the fold to come and find me again, and again, and again...because He loves me and died on the cross for my sins.  I have a promise in Jesus that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" I John 1:9. 
God turns everything around for those who love Him!  Only through Jesus am I holy and righteous.  I've learned a long time ago that I can not live this life on my own.  My life is empty and torn.  Jesus has come to bring me life and life more abundantly.  Through confession and Jesus' forgiveness I can stand before my king as Esther had done..."Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" Hebrews 4:16.

0 comments:

Post a Comment